Monday, 1 September 2008

MORGO 2008 Review

One of the basic house rules at MORGO is 'what goes on tour, stays on tour'. So whilst no details about individual company presentations can be posted, I can give an overall impression of the event.

MORGO this year was held in the Bay of Islands. It meant that most delegates traveled some distance to get there and if the idea was to establish a 'retreat' mentality, then it probably worked. It provided, in the words of several delegates I spoke to, the one annual opportunity for leading tech company heads, VCs and others to get together and establish something of an agenda for the NZ ICT sector for the year ahead.

The theme this year was 'Partnership' and certainly the networking opportunities suggested that a lot of that was happening. For me, the event was both inspiring and fruitful. I managed to identify several individuals and the fact that they were all under the same roof helped.

As 'events' go, this was up there. I am not too sure of the venue for MORGO 2009, but on the strength of the contacts I made this year, I will be back.

No comments: