Wednesday, 9 April 2008

Closing That Deal


My time in the UK is coming to an end. Time to relax then and kick back? Er....no.

The next 48 hours are a frantic round of activity. Part of this is down to my imminent departure, part to timing and part to Tim's arrival in London tonight.

Given that the lips are still tightly zipped, I can't say too much about either the content or the scope. The agendas though have been established over the past three weeks, so the milestones are clear. What happens between now and Thursday sets the tone for the weeks ahead.

Once I get back to Tauranga, I will have an opportunity to put this last month into some form of context. Certainly much of the commercial impetus behind Pingar is now to be found in the UK, rather than NZ. That's the nature of going global and establishing a significant global presence in a much bigger market. There is scale available in the UK that does not exist in NZ.

There is also a change in role. Employing Tim as Chief Executive Officer means that the focus of my own contribution will change. Quite how much, the combined management team will discuss in the next two days and beyond. For the past 15 years, I have always been in some ways 'the boss'. From an operational perspective, Tim now assumes that rule. That is only right.

The next two days then will see the management team setting and agreeing to a new dynamic direction. Once back in NZ, I will be able to sit back a little for the first time and observe from a distance. It's been a long time coming. And I guess might feel a little odd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter.

Have sent you an email.

Ajay Vohora