Sunday, 13 April 2008

Tauranga Calling


It really is good to be back....

Over the next few days, I will gather my reflections on the past month. With the mode still being 'stealth', I will only be able to share some general observations on Pingar developments 'per say'. My comments then will focus very much on the challenges any NZ ICT business face when entering and then engaging in the UK market: I guess it will be a case of lessons shared.

When I posted my last blog in London, I talked about my dislike of flying. 25 hours direct with a short 2 hour stopover in Hong Kong is not good. Today, I am suffering the consequences. I have a headache, sore throat and am coughing. This is not the first time.

Much of the focus on sickness and air travel is based on Deep Vein Thrombosis. Whilst this might be a more extreme example of in-flight illnesses, the regular occurrence of repetitive 'symptoms' for me suggests a more general problem. I accept part of the problem is probably dehydration. It is difficult to drink water when you are asleep. My own guess is the problems are far more extensive than either the airline industry or insurance companies are prepared to accept.

For me, flying remains my least preferred mode of transport.

No comments: