Thursday, 10 April 2008

The Jolly Fenman


Home for the past four nights...

When you think of London, you think of The Ivy, The Ritz Hotel and The Priory. (In that order).

Not so on Black Fen Road, Bexley. Here it is 3 for 1 and has been since Sunday.

My wonderful hosts, Roy and Beeeeeeee, have been restoring their kitchen. No cooker, no food. And so to The Jolly Freeman. This is British with a capital P. It's Patriotic guv. No dodgy geezers here, if you know what I mean.

It's steak & chips, chicken & chips, fish & chips. Potatoes around here stand no chance. And it's 2 main courses for a tenner. So Beeeeeeeeeee and me have survived the no cooker scenario.

This is my last night in England. I am in the pub. It's a pint of Spitfire Ale and ManU are on the telly.

This ain't British. This is heaven.

No comments: