Friday, 29 February 2008

London Ahoy


Heathrow - Next Stop

Yesterday's NZTE Beachhead Conference in Auckland allowed me to catch-up with any number of contacts in NZTE, UKT&I, and beyond. As a networking event, it surpassed any other I have attended in New Zealand. And as per my posting yesterday, the atmosphere was optimistic and uplifting. In terms of global engagement and export achievement, there are some great NZ success stories to be told.

Much of my talk with others was focused on Pingar's immediate plans in the UK. It was a discussion that continued when I met Julien at JML Communications later in the afternoon.

My next trip to London is only two weeks away. The UK Technology Innovation and Growth Forum is set for March 18th - 19th and thereafter a raft of meetings are scheduled until my departure mid-April. I still have some GBP left on my Oyster Card and cash remains from the last trip. Sitting here this morning, replying to a slew of emails that arrived overnight from London, the UK and my upcoming visit does not seem that far away.

No comments: