Sunday, 5 August 2007

Singapore Sling

It is 5.35pm on Sunday (Singapore time), and I am about to jump on the flight to Bangalore.

The journey is only 3.5 hours, but having flown 10 hours yesterday to get here, it still means my time clock is misfiring. The 20-odd hours in transit in Singapore however have helped.

Waking up this morning, I decided the thought of the 'international breakfast buffet' was just too much. I opted instead for the Kampong Glam Cafe on Bussorah Street. Located off Arab Street, this is set in the heart of Singapore's Middle East enclave. The food was great and the patrons all smiled. It was a good decision.

Lunch was spent at 2 Chinatown, Seafood Restaurant. Do not get me wrong. This is no Harbourside. A cafe / restaurant situated in the centre of Chinatown, it serves as an outlet for several street food stall vendors. It is a great people watching place though. I had been there before with Jacqui. You actually expect someone you know to walk by.

By the time I had arrived back at the hotel, my thoughts had turned to the week ahead. There is so much to do and so little time.

I have time though for one final Singapore Sling before I leave here tonight. Today is the anniversary of my mum's birthday and she would certainly be joining me for a gin if she was here. So this one is for you mum. You are in my thoughts today.

No comments: