Monday, 6 August 2007

Bangalore - Day 1


I arrived in Bangalore at 10.00pm last night. The journey from the airport to the hotel was 'interesting'. More about that when I reveal the 'highs and lows' of the week after my return to NZ.

The photograph above is of Sunrise Chambers on Ulsoor Road. It is located in Bangalore's CBD and is situated just off M.G. Road, the City's main thoroughfare. It is home to HBI Software and it is from here that I am blogging now.

This is my first trip back to Bangalore for several months. Today is therefore very much a 'domestic' day, catching up with both the administration and operation issues necessary to manage the business. It also gives me a chance to meet Rajesh, our accountant from CBS. If there is ever a professional you need to engage in Bangalore, it is Rajesh. He is an angel in a pinstripe suit and has been a huge asset to HBI Software in the four years that we have engaged him. If you are ever planning to outsource or locate here, Rajesh is the man. You can email him here right now.

I am also introducing the management team at HBI to a new major development project that we are about to start. Much of the next few days will be spent building the Project Plan and assigning the resources to make it happen. For me, this is 'back to basics'. An opportunity to engage with a brilliant professional team of software engineers and designers who can make the impossible happen. If only they had met that driver last night.

No comments: