Wednesday, 23 May 2007

Microsoft UK in Auckland!

This is sort of related to my earlier blog on 'It's Global, not Export'.

Claire O'Halloran of the Microsoft UK Partner group flies into NZ next week. One of Claire's Microsoft UK roles, includes 'Partnering for the Future'. This is of special interest to me. Strategy Analysis, one of our UK-based network affiliates, is a Microsoft UK 'Partner for the Future'.

This week, Claire is in Hanoi as part of a UK Trade & Investment Mission to Vietnam. It is all part of an initiative by UKT&I and other parties, including Microsoft UK, to examine opportunities in Vietnam's rapidly growing ICT sector for UK businesses. That's what I mean by a 'Global' mindset.

I will be meeting Claire next week in Auckland together with some of her Microsoft NZ colleagues. I hope we learn something of Claire's experience this week in Vietnam and others she has picked up in her Microsoft UK role. It will be interesting to learn if Microsoft NZ, maybe in association with NZTE, has any plans to provide NZ partners with the opportunity of visiting and exploring selected offshore markets in a similar fashion.

That's the global approach I believe New Zealand ICT businesses must adopt.

No comments: