Saturday, 9 June 2007

Miramar v Kilbirnie - Under 8's

I am still in Wellington.

This morning, I watched my nephew, Mr Henry Fox score three excellent tries in an Under 8's rugby match. I was there with Jacqui and other Fox family members. Both teams played with passion, enthusiasm and enjoyment.

Tonight, I am joining the family at the Westpac Stadium to watch the All Blacks take on France in the Second Test. Sadly, the result is not in doubt.

Playing against a second or third string French side hardly constitutes 'Test' rugby. The IRB's sanctioning of international 'tests' in the southern hemisphere whilst the northern hemisphere club rugby season is still on, has devalued the international game over the past three weeks.

For sheer entertainment, I suspect that this morning's game will have had the edge.

No comments: