Monday, 9 June 2008

The Tyranny of Distance


It's soooooooooo far away..........

First it was the emails at 6.45am. Then the conference call to the UK via the US at 8.00am. 75 minutes later, I hung up. And then poured a coffee. Tonight, further calls are scheduled to both the UK and India. Welcome then to a 'normal working day'.

I blogged about this quite recently. In part, because offshore engagement does occupy so many of my waking hours. In part also because I am trying to work out alternatives. The 'Tyranny of Distance' is an absolute NZ reality and one that does challenge the concept of normal living.

I owe a lot to Jacqui. My work schedule effects her life balance as much as mine. I'll be thinking about that when I get on the phone later tonight. 'Normal' this isn't. And hopefully my last posting on this for some time. Apologies. It is only Monday. I don't like these grrrr.. moments!

No comments: