Wednesday, 7 November 2007

Working with EDAs (UK)


Over the past few weeks, I have been in regular contact with Jan Andrews of East of England International. We have been identifying the opportunity for establishing an office for Pingar in the region.

Over that time, Jan has provided with me with a number of answers to a number of questions. These include IT salaries in the region, the local skill base, the availability of high quality office accommodation etc. The response has been fast, so I have been able to share the information with partners both here in NZ and in the UK.

What this has taught me is that NZ companies can conduct quite serious market-related research from their desktop without having to initially commit to the time and cost of global travel. That comes later. UK Trade & Investment are well represented in NZ and can provide links to local Economic Development Agencies throughout the UK. From my experience of EEI, it is a great place to start.

No comments: