Saturday, 17 November 2007

Engage UK


Wellington Today. The sun actually shone....

I've blogged before about the need for greater engagement between NZ ICT companies and the UK. I prefer the concept of 'engagement' than the concept of 'export'. It is much more embracing and reflects the reality of working with a global mindset.

On Friday, I had the chance to meet up and discuss this briefly with Rod Drury in Wellington. Apart from doing great things with Xero Live, Rod is a Kiwi software entrepreneur who understands the importance of global engagement. He has been there, done that and is now doing it again.

I am in Auckland on Monday for a couple of days and will be taking up the case for a more formal 'Engage UK' strategy with UK T&I and NZTE. It is important to ensure that key agencies buy into the concept. The drive to make this work however will not come from government. It will and must come from the private sector. I believe that process will happen soon.

No comments: