Wednesday, 19 September 2007

Blogs v Social Networks

I Blog. I am also a member of two online Social Networks, LinkedIn and FaceBook.

Over the past few months, I have seen an interesting trend amongst the use of both 'channels' by people I know. Is this just a coincidence, or does it mark a more widespread shift in terms of online engagement?

Essentially, the move has been in favour of the Social Networks. This is particularly marked in the UK. Regular 'bloggers' have become almost obsessive 'social networkers'. I think in part this is down to the increasing number of interactive features and applications which have been created for these networks. Blogs, I suspect, are seen as being fairly passive, whilst social networks provide significant more opportunity for individual and group interaction.

From my point of view, I enjoy the benefits of both. For those familiar with this Blog therefore, I thank you for visiting and sharing my thoughts.

For those who would prefer to make more direct contact, then you can join my Social Networks via the following two links:

Peter's LinkedIn Profile
Peter's FaceBook Profile

To those, I look forward to meeting you soon.

No comments: