Monday, 8 June 2009

The CEO Club

Later today, I am meeting up with several CEO's here in Tauranga for an informal get-together. It is a good way to engage locally and share common experiences with peers.

Tonight, we will sit down for dinner and be joined by John Cunningham, Executive Director of Ignition Partner Limited and Eileen Basher, Director, Technology New Zealand. Both are presenting at the Technology NZ roadshow tomorrow.

It is perhaps one of the truly amazing things about Tauranga and the Bay of Plenty. It has a reputation in New Zealand for being a retirement town. It isn't. Pingar is a member of both Priority One and Tauranga Chamber of Commerce. We are also members of the Interactive Advertising Bureau. We are regularly invited to events organised by Export NZ, New Zealand Trade & Enterprise and The Institute of Directors (I am a member).

I calculate that if I said 'yes' to every business invitation, I would never spend a night at home. Tonight however is a night when staying away from home is a not a bad thing. This is one dinner I would not want to miss.

No comments: