Sunday, 16 March 2008

Walking in the Rain


It's Sunday morning. It's wet, it's windy and it's cold. I'm back.

I must admit, it is quite a 'deja vu' moment. Since I was only last here six weeks ago, any sense of anticipation about this visit is muted. The focus is totally on Pingar and the work at hand.

Tomorrow, I am meeting up with Tim Burgess and John Beer, my two UK-based partners at the Hilton Hotel, London for the well-flagged UK Technology, Innovation & Technology Forum. It is a networking opportunity that I have obviously looked forward to for some weeks now.

Today, the focus is on challenging the 'jet lag' which has already kicked in. The 2 hour stopover in Los Angeles did not help. The 'LAX Transit Experience' remains one of Hollywood's best shows in town. It was a case of two fingers to the US Customs and Border personnel (left index first, right index second). Plus the compulsory photo / iris check or whatever it is that that device takes. And I was only passing through on air-side.

Today, I have been booked into a 3 mile charity walk which once again demonstrates my sister Annie's supreme sense of humour. And I had expected a warm beer in the local Brockett Arms. No 'deja vu' there then.

For updates on the Forum, check out the blog over the next couple of days. It should be fun.

No comments: