Wednesday, 5 December 2007

Hong Kong Market Visit


David Wishart - NZ Trade Commissioner, Hong Kong & Macau

Overseas market visits have been an important aspect of Pingar's marketing development programme in 2007. My visit to Hong Kong for three days at the beginning of next week is long overdue.

One event I am looking particularly forward to is my meeting with David Wishart (above). I have tried to touch base with local NZTE representatives on all my market visits. They are well-placed to provide advise and guidance on local culture, business etiquette and networks. Without exception, each meeting has enhanced the overall benefit of each visit.

Hong Kong is a particularly important target for us at this time. For Pingar, it is potentially a gateway to China. We have identified a potential partner / distributor and the fit with Pingar looks very good. Next week will provide me with my first opportunity to really engage with and try to understand this opportunity. The meeting with David should help.

No comments: