Wednesday, 12 December 2007

Farewelling Hong Kong


I am leaving Hong Kong for London in four hours time.

The last 48 hours have allowed me to get at least a feel for the opportunity that establishing a presence here will offer Pingar. A key part of that process was assisted by my meeting yesterday with the team at NZTE.

Apart from meeting up with David Wishart, Trade Commissioner Hong Kong & Macau, I had the chance to meet up with Jane Lin, Trade Development Executive (ICT) and Heidi Chan, Investment Manager - Greater China. I learnt a lot about NZTE's own work in the North Asia region. Working out of seven regional offices, the Hong Kong facility is the North Asia regional HQ. And the opportunity for networking and engagement with Pingar are real.

When I return to New Zealand from the UK, I will be stopping off for further meetings with NZTE here. But before then, it is time to get on the Airport Express and prepare for the flight to Heathrow. UK, here I come!

No comments: