Sunday, 10 May 2009

'California Dreaming'

The UK leg of this odyssey is almost over. Tomorrow, I catch the plane for San Fransisco and then spend three days in the US of A.

It's an action packed 72 hours with meetings set up with Microsoft, an ex-Butterworth colleague and an attorney. Future postings will reveal the relevance of the trio.

It's actually my first visit to SF. And the Monday lunchtime meeting in Palo Alto is my first in Silicon Valley. It is an appropriate way to end what has been a 3 weeks + set of market visits. As time goes by, the significance of these visits will become more apparent. All I can say at this stage is that it is good news for those old friends of mine: the lawyers and the accountants.

I leave the UK with a sense of real encouragement. The structure here is now mapping the structure we created in New Zealand last year. With the additional resource at the Swansea Technium, we have established a real beachhead for UK and European expansion.

So my time here is almost done. One final leg before touchdown in Auckland next Friday. My 360 view of the world will be complete.

Until next month.........

No comments: