Friday, 8 May 2009

Back to London


Technium 2 in Swansea

It was a busy time in Wales. By the time I next return to Swansea, I expect us to have a fully manned 6 person office in Technium 2.

The visit enabled me to renew old acquaintances if that is what you call the lawyers and the accountants. It was great to meet up with Emma Northam for the first time. Emma is our recently appointed GM in Swansea and will be responsible for building and managing headcount. I also had the opportunity to meet up with Dr. Mark Jones who used to work at the University of Waikato. Some very interesting opportunities exist in that space.

Today, I have final meetings at the Institute of Directors in central London.

(Useful hint to NZ businesses visiting London: If you join the IOD in New Zealand, it gives you complimentary access to the IOD's fabulous facilities in London. You get free internet access, use of meeting rooms, not to mention a decent bar and brasserie. And it is next door to NZ House on the Haymarket.)

I will reflect on further aspects of this UK visit in future posts to the blog.

I am now making plans for my departure. Next stop? Palo Alto and Silicon Valley. More news on that when I arrive in San Fransisco on Sunday.

No comments: