Friday, 6 March 2009

A Long Weekend

Last night, the 2009 BOP Export Awards Launch exceeded expectation.

It was less the presentations - they were fine. It was more the amazing optimism I found amongst pretty much everyone I spoke to about both the medium and long term opportunity out there. If you could place that optimism in a pill, it should be compulsory for journalists and economic commentators to swallow a couple first thing, every morning. It was that infectious.

Today however, I face a grim reality. It is my impending 'birth anniversary'. The instructions from Jacqui are quite clear. "You stop work at 2.00pm". No negotiation there.

And as I look out of the window, the normally clear Tauranga skies are grey and wet as the next cyclone blows through. It can't be fishing or an afternoon BBQ then .

In just over an hour, I will find out.....

No comments: