Wednesday, 1 October 2008

The Professionals

Pingar employs good professional advisers. It's a price well worth paying.

Trying to map and time appropriate advice against commercial time lines however is an art I have not yet fully mastered. Documentation I suspect might take 2 weeks to complete usually ends up taking 2 months. I am in one of those situations now.

Managing the knock on effect can be challenging. Having raised expectations, the task is then to moderate these where possible. And that applies across the board: From development to sales, from finance to distribution.

Getting the fundamental structures and documentation in place however are critical for our long-term growth. That's the view of the Professionals. And I have to agree.

Even if it does mean having to temper the enthusiasm of those around me at the present time. To them I say, "Next week is the week..." Only they will understand what this means!

No comments: