Friday, 12 December 2008

UK 2009

Having recently entertained John Beer in NZ, Jacqui and I will be packing our bags mid January to head off to Blighty. It will be an interesting trip.

There is currently significant partner opportunity there and the name Wales is cropping up with ever more frequency.

I am particularly interested in understanding the economic pulse on the ground. At the UK T&I Xmas reception in Auckland earlier this week, I experienced a slightly more downbeat assessment of the UK economy than I had expected. I know the economic situation there is challenging. The online Telegraph and Times, which I read daily, confirm that. It was interesting though to hear it directly from Her Majesty's local representatives.

In my previous post, I talked briefly about recruitment intentions for NZ. Those talks will be mapped in the UK next month. From here it looks as though there will be no shortage of potential candidates on the ground. That I suspect is the result of the downbeat assessment delivered on Wednesday.

No comments: