Monday, 6 April 2009

Daylight Saving

Well that's the end of summer then.

Daylight saving finished yesterday and we are now in what I guess is the non-daylight saving season. For most Kiwis it means lighter mornings and darker evenings. For me, it has a rather more significant meaning.

The time difference between the UK and NZ has now shrunk twice in two weeks. The thirteen hour time difference has become eleven. That impacts on the timing of conference calls. It means more early evening calls and fewer early morning ones. That's not great. I am an early morning person.

The same reasoning applies to HBI Software in Bangalore. Skype calls there will become late afternoon. That is good. Unlike the cricket. As I type this post, India have NZ on the ropes in the Wellington Test Match. It will take more than non-daylight saving to rescue the Black Caps.

Autumn in Tauranga (for that is the season) though is different from London. Today, I had lunch on the deck with the shades up. It is still that warm. In three weeks, I will be in the UK for the start of their Spring; with winter clothing at the ready.

Some things never change.

No comments: